AONB Communications Officer
Job title: AONB Communications Officer
Location: The office base for the AONB Team is Stafford, but the postholder can work remotely.
Salary: £32,798- £37,568 per annum (pro rata)
Contract type: 18.5 Hours per week | Part time – Fixed-term until 31 March 2025, however, funding permitting the role may be extended.
About the role
We are looking for a Communications Officer to join our small team and help look after Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) - one of England’s finest landscapes. By designing and delivering inspiring and engaging communications you will ensure that Cannock Chase and the work of the AONB Partnership is understood, appreciated and supported.
As part of this exciting and varied role you will be responsible for all internal and external communications within the Partnership. You will proactively identify opportunities to promote the profile of Cannock Chase and our work with a wide-ranging audience including farmers and landowners, residents, businesses, visitors, community and user groups, local authorities and Defra.
What you’ll bring
As well as excellent communication skills, you will bring to this role experience of delivering impactful communications activity, a talent for writing compelling and engaging copy for diverse audiences, digital skills, web and social media experience, and the confidence and ability to provide strategic communications and guidance to the team and AONB Partnership.
You will be a go-getter, able to work well independently and as part of the team, with an appetite to take on new challenges and drive forward the collective impact of the work that the AONB Partnership undertakes.
The role is hybrid - based in Stafford, but the postholder is expected to largely work from home. The role will include travel throughout the Cannock Chase AONB.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits (pro rata where applicable) including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Vivup benefits platform – gives you access to lots of retail, lifestyle savings and offers all in a handy app on your phone
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
How do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button below. If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 August 2022
Interview Date: w/c 5 September 2022 (to be confirmed).
For more information about the role please contact: Ian Marshall, AONB Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or 01785 276051/07989 148731
How will we store your details By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Our recruitment process
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.