Deputy Senco - Whitley Academy
Finham Park Multi Academy Trust is a growing organisation, which is currently made up of 7 schools across Coventry and Warwickshire of which Whitley Academy is the most recently affiliated. The Primary and Secondary schools in Finham Park MAT will set out to pioneer, innovate and deliver a “World Class” education for all.
At Whitley Academy we aim to build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. We are committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Deputy SENCO to support the SENCO in getting the best possible outcomes for children who are vulnerable or have SEND. We are able to offer a wide range of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. Coventry City Council have a wealth of networks to support staff in schools and there is a ready-made network of SENCOs and Deputy SENCOs available within Finham Park MAT to share practice and overcome challenges.
The role will include some teaching of a subject specialism. To recruit the best candidate to this post, we are willing to consider applications from individuals who have substantial & relevant SEND experience but for whom we would need to support SENDCO accreditation during their first year of employment.
The successful candidate must be:
- Committed to making a positive difference to the lives of students with SEND.
- Resilient with a strong personal drive.
- Passionate about securing the most productive learning opportunities for those in school
- Values driven, to “be the best you can be”.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed.
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations and aspirations for all of our students.
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace.
- Frequent opportunities to collaborate with teachers and support staff from the other schools in the MAT to develop and share best practice.
- A vibrant, modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
If you are dynamic, enjoy a challenge and possess excellent communication skills, this vital role in our school could be the ideal opportunity for you. We look forward to receiving your application.
We will consider candidates against the shortlist criteria and conduct interviews in advance of the closing date for suitable candidates.
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Application forms and relevant documents are available to be downloaded below.
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
HR Department, Finham Park Multi Academy Trust, Torrington Avenue, Coventry CV4 9WT
Closing date: Wednesday 14th September 2022 @ 9am
Interview date: W/C Monday 19th September 2022
Required from: January 2023 or earlier
Whitley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.