Clinical Team Leader
1 day left
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
Following the exciting development of the Integrated Community Discharge Team incorporating Therapy, Brokerage, Equipment Services and Hospital Social Work we have a Clinical Team Leader vacancy within the team.
The service will operate across 7 days, Monday – Sunday on a rota basis for which a weekend increment is paid.
This is an opportunity to join a multi disciplinary team at the start of its journey, so if you want to be right at the heart of its development, working in a team that shares the same passion, purpose and goals this the role for you.
The role requires skills, knowledge and responsibility for leading a team across the city delivering occupational therapy support, supporting enablement and short term services.
You will be able to develop management, clinical and operational skills. You will support the team in providing clinical knowledge and leadership, you will supervise and develop Enablement Occupational Therapists and Enablement Occupational Therapy Assistants and contribute to the achievement of effective service user outcomes.
You will be supported by a strong and passionate leadership team.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a Clinical Team Leader to join our Adult Social Care Teams in Coventry. This is a new vacancy for a qualified Occupational Therapist within our Community Discharge Team willing to embrace our ‘One Coventry’ values.
Keen to join the team - If you feel you meet the criteria please apply today. To find out further information about the role and for an informal discussion please contact Rae Bottrill on 02476 965600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coventry is a modern, growing, culturally and ethnically diverse City. The City has a worldwide reputation for Peace and Reconciliation. We are at the heart of the busy and industrial Midlands and yet surrounded by beautiful rural Warwickshire which is minutes away. Being well served by extensive road a rail networks, Coventry is easily accessed from most parts of the Country.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Health and Care Professional Council registered (or about to register) Occupational Therapist with a passion for promoting independence and making the principles of the Care Act 2014, a reality for the people of Coventry.
The successful candidates will have:
- HCPC Registration (or about to register)
- Relevant post graduate experience of planning therapeutic intervention, including rehabilitation/enablement programmes
- Working knowledge of and application of The Care Act 2014 and relevant legislation.
- A working knowledge of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and its replacement, The Liberty Protection Safeguards
- Organisation, recording and workload management skills
- Diplomacy, negotiating, listening skills.
- Be able to work in collaboration with users, carers and colleagues.
- To work as part of a team
- Have autonomy and decision-making skills
- Develop personalised support plans
- Good IT skills
- Have a vision for your own career development and future training
- Resilience, flexible, stamina and a great sense of humour!
In return you will benefit from:
- Be welcomed in joining a highly professional and thoroughly hard working, friendly team
- Excellent in house and external training opportunities.
- Highly competitive salary with career development opportunities
Salary will be dependent on experience starting from £38,553 to £45,648 per annum.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview Date 23rd August 2022Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and it was the UK City of Culture 2021. We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons as you can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Opportunity for Salary Match and Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
- Lifestyle savings
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes; Car Scheme, Cycle to work and more
- Interest free travel loans
- Payroll giving scheme
- Workplace parking scheme
- Maternity, paternity and adoption Leave
- And much more