Housing Personal Advisor
Job Title: Housing Personal Advisor Care Leavers Offer Team
Salary: Grade 8 £27,514 - £31,895
Contract type: Full time | 37hrs| Fixed Term for 12 months | Flexible working hours can be discussed.
Department: Children and Families
Location: County wide role, office base in Stafford Borough Council, will also involve some remote working
About the role
The Care Leaver Offer Team is part of Children in our Care and Care Leaver function, offering practical support advice and guidance to young people leaving our care, along with supporting our personal advisor and social work colleagues in the district teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside professionals from a range of disciplines including, social workers, personal advisors, accommodation providers, housing, welfare benefits and foundations to employment.
What you’ll bring
You’ll need to have:
- significant experience of working with children / young people
- be flexible and able to occasionally work unsociable hours
- have good communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other professionals,
- be solution focused to achieve best outcomes for our young people.
You’ll be supporting our young people with housing related issues, and so must have knowledge of housing guidance and legislation, and insight into housing related issues, particularly those facing young people leaving care. And above all you’ll be committed to supporting young people to get on the right track with their housing.
Our offer to you
Staffordshire County Council has one of the largest Children’s Services in England and is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted which offers great opportunities to progress your career here. We’re known for our supportive approach, and we want everyone here to have real purpose in their work and a good work life balance to have time to do the things they enjoy.
Here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 26th August 2022
Interview Date: 12th September 2022
For more information about the role please contact: Lynsey Dawson on 07773792440 email@example.com
Or Joanne Dell on 07790912901 firstname.lastname@example.org
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.