Adults: Promoting Independence Assistants *£250 Welcome Bonus*
Job title: Promoting Independence Assistants
Team: Reablement Service
Contract: Permanent, full time & part time
Hours: 16 hour, 21 hour, 26.25 hour & 35 hour contracts available
Job reference number: REC002122
Salary: £10.19 per hour + 8% enhancement for Sunday working and £250 welcome bonus
We are looking to recruit Promoting Independence Assistants across the whole of Worcestershire. We are particularly keen to hear from people who want to work in the evenings, although we have a range of contracts and hours available.
We offer great rates of pay, paid travel time and mileage, generous leave allowances and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. We are also offering an additional £250 welcome payment for new employees!
If you are looking for a new career in social care, or simply want a change from your current role, please get in touch.
Email us on email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss the roles and your requirements.
We are currently recruiting Promoting Independence Assistants to provide support in a way that helps people ‘to do’ rather than ‘doing to or for’ people. Initially hands-on assistance may be required but Promoting Independence Assistants will be expected to stand back, observe, problem solve and encourage the service user to do as much for themselves as possible (where appropriate).
The aim of the service is to provide support to individuals so they can remain in their homes and to promote their independence following hospital discharge or crisis intervention and, to observe during a period of assessment any ongoing service requirements that would aid recovery. This role will involve supporting people with personal care activities so all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be supplied along with regular covid testing.
You should have a commitment to developing the lives of people providing care and support that meets individual outcomes and promotes independence. You should have the ability to travel independently, work autonomously and be a good team player. You need to have good communication skills and excellent organisational skills. You will need an understanding of maintaining the health & safety and wellbeing of service users in their own home.
This is part of a broader approach to ensure Worcestershire residents are healthier, live longer, have better quality of life, and remain independent for as long as possible.
We are looking to recruit people who can:
- Work in a therapy-led service alongside Physio and Occupational therapists
- Provide person centred care and support that enables individuals to achieve their goals and outcomes
- Motivate individuals to carry out day to day activities as independently as possible
- Travel throughout the County of Worcestershire.
As the ideal candidate you must have, or be willing to train towards, Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. It is also equally important that you can demonstrate a can-do attitude, and that you are proactive, compassionate, and empathetic. A full induction programme will be provided.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands, or final warnings, as well as convictions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all Sections of the Community.
In return, you can look forward to:
- Great holiday entitlement. As well as bank holidays, you'll get 25 days paid holiday (pro rata for part-time staff). This goes up to 30 days when you have been with us for 5 years. If you get more than 25 days where you work now, don't worry because if you join us without a break, we'll match your holiday up to 30 days.
- Brilliant pension scheme. The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide, career average pension scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government.
- We also have a generous relocation package for those individuals looking to move from further afield. **
- Paid training, regular support, observation and monitoring
- £250 welcome payment
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please click the ‘apply’ button below. Please write your application with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification.
Or you can complete the attached application form and email it to Socialworkopps@worcestershire.gov.uk
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 31st August 2022
Anticipated Interview Date: To be confirmed
** Relocation - T&Cs apply