Consultant in Public Health
37.0 Hours per Week
Solihull Council, working with Birmingham and Solihull Integrated Care System, is looking for an outstanding specialist in Public Health to lead a portfolio of work that improves the health and wellbeing of residents, working closely with senior leaders, managers, clinicians, and politicians.
The successful candidate will be a senior member in the Directorate of Public Health in Solihull Council, working to the Director of Public Health. The portfolio will include health inequalities, data and insight and prevention for Solihull. The post will also work closely with the ICS around the development of population health management.
You will provide:
- Leadership for the development and implementation of elements of Solihull’s health and well-being and inequalities strategies
- Leadership for analytics, using evidence, data, and insight to drive service and systems change, working with analytic capability within the NHS, local government and other partners
- Leadership for prevention, ensuring greater up-stream investment and intervention to tackle the wider determinants of health and strengthen primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention across clinical and care pathways
- Leadership for quality improvement across Public Health services and programmes
- A strong focus on building co-design and community co-delivery into core business, working with local communities and stakeholders
You will deal with complex Public Health challenges in a multi-agency environment with different governance, finance systems and organisational cultures. A high level of intellectual rigour, political awareness, negotiation, and motivation skills as well as flexibility and sensitivity are required.
You will be working in a supportive and ‘can do’ environment with staff and colleagues who value Public Health, are committed to joint work to reduce inequalities, and improve health and well-being outcomes. This is an excellent environment to grow your leadership and partnership skills and gain further experience at senior level within the public sector.
We also offer:
- A range of flexible working options
- Generous annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year
- A flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
This role will be based at Solihull Council. Staff are hybrid working with around 2 days in the office per week depending on the role and business need.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.
Closing date for completed applications is Sunday 4th September.
Interviews will be held Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th September.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Ruth Tennant, Director of Public Health and Commissioning at email@example.com.
This job is ‘politically restricted’ under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification