Business Support Officer, Statutory Services
Job title: Business Support Officer, Statutory Services x 2 vacancies - Tamworth
Salary: £20,043- £21,269 per annum
Working hours: 37 hours | Full time | 18.5 hours | Part time
Contract type: Permanent
Are you known for your planning and organising skills? Do you like working in a vibrant office as a team player? This could be your next role!
About our role
We’ve got an opportunity for you to join our Business Support team in Tamworth supporting our Childrens services teams specifically completing administration for our child protection conferencing responsibilities.
We have 2 full time 37 hour vacancies, you could apply for one of these positions either on a full time basis or a part time 18.5 hour basis.
The role will involve both office and home working.
The main tasks you’ll get involved in are:
- booking and preparation of meetings, collating reports and liaising with partner agencies,
- Recording attendance and minute taking at meetings
- Producing documents/minutes following meetings
- Maintaining electronic records
The work you’ll do is really important because you will contribute towards giving our families and children the right support, at the right time.
This work must be completed to strict deadlines and requires the post holder to have excellent listening and IT skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and produce accurate, quality documents. Team working is also essential, and the post holder may be required to perform this role at other local offices or through virtual meeting methods.
Part of the role will also involve undertaking and recording financial payments in line with financial regulations alongside other general office duties.
What you’ll bring
We’re all about team work here at Staffordshire so you’ll be the sort of person who can support others and work together to find the best solutions.
You’ll also be:
- Able to work to deadlines so you’ll have good planning and organisational skills
- Be customer focused ensuring you give good service to internal and external customers
- Have IT skills including data input, word processing and the ability to use standard Microsoft applications
- A good communicator with great listening skills
But overall, you’ll pride yourself on always doing your best with a willingness to learn and develop as you work with us. We’ll provide full training for the role so why not get in touch or apply.
As well as a rewarding role, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Vivup our new benefits platform which includes lots of lifestyle discounts & offers all within an App on your phone
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button.
If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 19th August
Interview Date: asap following your completed application
For more information please contact Amy Baddeley – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07773229917
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.