Social Workers - Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
Our recent Ofsted inspection confirmed we’ve changed and we would love to welcome you along for the ride.
Is it the exceptional benefits? The truly flexible approach to hybrid working? The generous holiday allowance? The pay and package that sets us apart?
Truth is, it’s all of these and more, but it’s really about our people. When people join the team at Sandwell they say it feels like they become part of the family…they have #ComeHomeToSandwell. With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our Family.
Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts and the 12 reasons to work for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting one Full Time (37hrs) and one Part Time (30hrs) Social Workers for the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
The MASH TEAM is a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Team, Sandwell Children’s Trust working with Partner Agencies to apply Threshold to Contacts and take appropriate action to meet the needs of children in Need and Need of protection.
As a Social Worker working with MASH you will:-
- Have an ability to interpret information and search databases for information regarding children and for safeguarding purpose.
- Provide advice to professionals and service users.
- Work in partnership with partner agencies.
- Be Social Work qualified.
- Have at least 2 years post qualifying experience and registered with Social Work England
- Have a good understanding of Child Protection and Understanding of Risk Assessment.
- Have experience in making decisions and understand Threshold.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you.
- So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our teams at Sandwell Children’s Trust are all amazing, they inspire great ideas, drive new plans forward and help to make Sandwell Children’s Trust a fantastic place to work. We ensure that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the community we serve.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
Application is via CV and a cover letter of no more than 500 words. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Recruitment_childrenstrust@sandwell.gov.uk by closing date 16/08/2022
If you would like to discuss this position further, please email Selina Jutla – Team Manager at Selina_Jutla@sandwellchildrenstrust.org
* INCLUSIVE OF MARKET SUPPLEMENT