Apprentice Business Support Assistant – Practitioner Teams
Roles: Apprentice Business Support Assistant – Practitioner Teams
Location: Families & Communities, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1BL
Salary band: Apprentice Grade 3 – YR 1 - £9,444
Working pattern: Full time | 37 Hours
Business Support is key to the success of our Children’s Services because our Business Support teams are there, making sure things run smoothly, so that our frontline colleagues can deliver for children and families in the community. All that work in the background does not just happen, it takes dedicated colleagues, taking pride in their work and seeing a purpose in the work they are doing.
An exciting opportunity has arisen, and the Management Team are looking to appoint an apprentice business support assistant. The successful candidate will support practitioners, undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks in line with relevant service level agreements.
What you will bring
Working in Business Support requires teamwork, good organisational skills and a good level of competency using IT systems. You will also need:
- Good communication skills because you will interact with lots of people across the organisation and externally through phone, in person and email
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail, as you will be keeping data updated and you will be working to deadlines
- A flexible approach to work as sometimes things can change, and so you will need to be able to prioritise work and sometimes change tasks quickly
- A passion to always give the best service
But it’s important to note that if you’re unsure whether your experience or skills are suitable, please get in touch with the recruiting manager email@example.com and we can give you a bit more information.
Our offer to you
Our people are central to everything we do and so we will make sure you are well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress. And it is worth noting that lots of us have worked with Staffordshire for many, many years and we stay because our work gives us pride and purpose.
Here is a reminder of just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 24 days
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Within your application in the ‘supporting information’ section please also tell us which of the available roles you are interested in being considered for. If you do not tell us, do not worry we will consider you for all vacancies.
If you do have any technical issues whilst trying to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 21st August 2022
Interview date: ASAP following closing date
Our recruitment processes
As you will know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that is why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.