Family Support Worker
3 days left
The Children with Disabilities Team support children, young people and their families where a child has a significant and enduring disability and/or health needs. The team works with children under Section 2 (CSDP Act 1970), children in need, children who are subject to child protection plans, those who are looked after and who may be subject to court proceedings. We ensure that children’s needs are assessed, planned for and reviewed, bringing together the multi-agency teams around them to and meet needs. The service also identifies and manages the provision of short break services where appropriate.
We are looking for a family support worker to join this supportive team. You will have a varied caseload and will work directly with children young people and families to provide practical support to help disabled reach their potential.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org