Library Service and First Point Officer
- Telford & Wrekin Libraries
- Library Service & First Point Officer
- NJC Scale 3 £19,650 - £20,043 per annum pro rata
- 19.75 hours per week
- Fixed term for 12 months
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work as part of the Library Service team as a Library Service & First Point Officer based at Southwater One Library.
The Library Service is a valued resource within the community. This role provides a highly customer-focused service to the public. Duties will include answering general and book-related queries, issuing, discharging of books, shelving, and promoting library stock, cash handling, supporting children’s activities, registering new users, and supporting customers in the use of IT via the public access PCs. The post holder will also deliver the 'First point @' services provided in the Library.
The position will involve working fortnightly on a Saturday,on a rota basis. The post holder may also be required to work Sundays, evenings and Bank Holidays as required. The role is based at Southwater One Library, but will be required to work at other Telford & Wrekin libraries when necessary.
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
Candidates must be:
- Knowledgeable about books, online resources and information on the Council website.
- Able to work accurately, at times under pressure.
- Able to communicate articulately with a diverse range of library customers.
- Able to use good questioning skills to understand and meet the needs of library customers.
- Able to show initiative and enthusiasm for developing new skills
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
Job Description and Person Specification