Estate Services are responsible for providing a variety of services contributing to the safety and appearance of the environment within and around Sandwell Council Estates.
Duties will include:
• To be part of a Borough-wide Cleaning Service, providing a variety of cleaning tasks to communal areas within High and Low-Rise blocks of flats, Sheltered Housing schemes and employee welfare facilities.
• To work individually or as part of a multiple disciplinary Borough-wide Cleaning Team to carry out a range of internal and external cleaning tasks, including dusting, suction cleaning, mopping, internal and external sweeping, floor buffing, wiping down walls, cleaning windows and frames and entry, internal doors, lifts etc as identified by the Estate Services Managers and/or Estate Services Supervisors.
You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
• Work anywhere within the Borough of Sandwell.
• Undertake duties with regards to safe methods of work. Including knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations.
• Work as part of a team or on your own as required.
• Work with changing priorities and uncertainty.
The post holders must possess:
Sandwell Council pay all its employees the current Living Wage rate as a minimum. The decision to pay a Living Wage supplement is reviewed on an annual basis.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
• A basic knowledge of cleaning techniques.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
32 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs