Traffic & Network Inspector
About the Role
Are you looking for a development opportunity in the Council in the newly formed Traffic & Network Management Team? Are you devoted to continuous improvement, working in a team with a varied range of roles and responsibilities across many Highways-related disciplines?
This permanent position is well suited to enthusiastic, diligent and proactive individuals who are looking to work in a thriving and supportive working environment.
Based within the newly formed Traffic & Network Management Team you will be inspecting activities on the Staffordshire highways network including parking permits, street works permit activity, highways licences and temporary/permanent traffic regulation orders with the aim of assessing suitability and minimising disruption and congestion, keeping traffic moving, ensuring safety and compliance on the network and providing a vital service to the residents of Staffordshire.
You will be working closely with the Officers, Administrators and Coordination Managers and use your knowledge and skills to assess the impact of applications and use your judgement to provide advice and apply amendments, controls or restrictions to work carried out in order to achieve the goals of the Traffic Management Act 2004 and the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991.
Reporting into the Traffic & Network Inspections Managers, you will maintain precise and accurate records of inspection activities and liaise with various internal and external companies, authorities and stakeholders as well as achieving resolutions to defective work and apparatus on the highway whilst maintaining departmental goals.
What you'll bring
You should possess excellent inter-personal and customer service skills, be a highly motivated, self-starter with a drive to succeed, demonstrating a positive ‘Can do’ attitude. You will be able to deal with a range of issues and conflicting demands whilst adhering to relevant legislation and delivering to tight deadlines and keeping calm under pressure.
What you'll have
- Hold or be willing to train to acquire required accreditation – LANTRA 12D (M7) as a minimum
- Previous experience in traffic and network management
- Experience of dealing with permits, licences and road works on the public highway
- Ability to interrogate data and make recommendations
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement and hybrid working
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme/cycle & car loan scheme/employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button
If you do have technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 26th August 2022
Interview Date: TBC
For more information and/or an informal chat about the role please Hayley Fletcher on 07811 024705.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.