PARALEGAL (CHILDCARE) Grade 6
Salary: £21,269 - £23,953 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
This is an opportunity to work within a very friendly but a very busy, fast moving area of the Legal Services Unit.
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate effective team working skills and a commitment to the work of the section, the work of which is governed by the need to adhere to strict timescales.
The role will require primarily the following:
- To undertake all aspects of legal work relating to supporting the solicitors / senior solicitors in the conduct of their caseloads and to assist in the drafting of documentation for court, including applications for Emergency Protection Orders and Care Orders.
- To assist in the preparation of applications for court, including obtaining statements from the client and partner agencies and to liaise with a variety of professionals including internal customers, courts, solicitors and barristers chambers.
- Conduct of routine childcare based cases under direct day to day supervision.
- To undertake the preparation and update of court bundles for all hearings before the Magistrates, County and High Courts.
- To undertake research on points of law or practice.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 4 September 2022
Interview Date: TBC
For more information about the role please contact: Sarah Nicklin, Senior Solicitor on 01785 895289.
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts