Assistant Team Manager
37.0 Hours per Week
Hospital Social Work Team
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Team Manager to join our established Hospital Social Work Team.
As part of an experienced and dedicated management team, you will play a key role in shaping and developing this service, whilst also delivering effective supervision and leadership to practitioners who provide a specialist social work service to people who require support to leave a hospital setting or require long term planning after a hospital admission across Solihull.
We are looking for someone who has a professional Social Work Qualification, Social Work England registration and substantial post qualifying experience of Adult Social Work, as well as the ability to lead, develop, support and manage a group of person-centered and committed social care staff.
You will also have:
- Experience of working with other professionals in a multi-disciplinary way
- Demonstrable experience of delivering person-centered and strengths based working
- Experience of managing positive risk taking and making decisions
- Experience of providing professional supervision to other workers
- Effective communication skills including the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in a hospital social work team is desirable
In return, you will be supported by your peers and valued for your contribution in this challenging and highly rewarding role, as you motivate and coach workers to be excellent practitioners, whilst we strive to be a highly performing service that achieves the best outcomes for people in Solihull.
We also offer:
- Excellent training and development opportunities including access to leadership and management training
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
In addition, our Midlands location means you will have great access to all parts of the country, with great transport links and easy access to the diverse city of Birmingham. With an excellent standard of living, beautiful countryside on your doorstep and the cultural treats that come with this great location, Solihull is a great place to settle down.
Working on a hybrid basis; this role will include a combination of home and office working based on the needs of the service.
Closing date for completed applications is Sunday 21st August
Interviews will be held W/C 5th September
To apply, please click on the link below. For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sadia Alima at email@example.com or Maxime Cane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification