Job Title: Support Facilitator
Grade: 6 + 10.6%
Annual Salary: starts from £21,269 (pro-rata)
Location: Hawthorn House, Lichfield
Contract: Permanent part-time – multiple jobs available
Working Pattern: Shift work
Staffordshire County Council are looking for motivated people who are passionate about providing outstanding care quality for adults with learning disabilities. We specialise in supporting adults with complex needs, profound and multiple learning disabilities, and behaviours that challenge. Our mission is to provide opportunities and choice so individuals can thrive, and our vision is to be leaders in creating a future where people with complex needs can thrive.
Hawthorn House is a residential care home for up to fifteen adults. The service is dynamic and caters for people with varying levels of need. The team support people to live an ordinary life which includes accessing their community, maintaining connections with family and friends and supporting people with their health and wellbeing.
You can learn more our services via our Facebook page:
As a Support Facilitator you will provide excellent person-centred support in an innovative, flexible, and responsive strengths-based manner to maintain overall health and wellbeing, being ambitious and empowering in promoting and maximising independence, including positive risk taking.
The role includes acting as a Link Worker for the people we support, delivering excellent person-centred support in an innovative, flexible, and strengths-based manner, be ambitious and empowering in promoting and maximising independence, including positive risk taking, contribute to the on-going assessment, development, delivery, and review of person-centered support plans, administering medication, and suggest improvements, and be proactive in the development of solutions, and activities undertaken by the service.
Our aspirations are to receive an ‘outstanding’ rating with the CQC, and we are looking for someone who shares our values, ambitions, and vision.
We have multiple contracts available for you to apply for:
- Support Facilitator – 35 hours per week
- Support Facilitator – 24 hours per week x 3
You will be expected to work flexibly across the week according to business need, undertaking a range of shifts from 7am to 10pm, including weekend and bank holiday working. We require our team to work flexibly, which means you may be required to work days, evenings, split shifts, waking night shifts and sleep in duties. Rotas are subject to change depending on business need.
Although this role is based primarily at Hawthorn House in Lichfield, there may be times when you are expected to work flexibly across Provider Services, including different care settings, delivery approaches, and locations, as required.
What you will bring
- You are enthusiastic about working with people with learning disabilities and autism and are able to be caring, sensitive and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible.
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate positively to the people we support, and have a positive outlook on life.
- You can demonstrate the ability to manage potential and actual aggression in a sensitive way which reflects changing needs and can remain calm in challenging situations.
- You are willing and physically able to support people with personal and intimate care needs and physically able to undertake manual handling tasks.
- You are able to adapt and respond positively to change and prioritise tasks and work within time restraints.
What you will have
- NVQ level 2 qualification or Care Certificate
- Experience of working in a team
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality legislation Practical knowledge of health and safety at work
Our offer to you
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you’re well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress. Many of us have worked with Staffordshire for several years and we stay because our work gives us pride and purpose.
Here are some of the benefits we offer at Staffordshire County Council:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 33 days leave per year
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity, and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
Post is subject to an enhanced DBS check