Engineering Technical Support Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Technical Support Officer.
To undertake supervision of engineering and building maintenance works and to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering and Surveying Team.
You will be required to prepare feasibility reports, designs, estimates, contract documents and site supervision of maintenance works and programmes and minor capital schemes and to provide advice and support to other Directorates as required.
Key requirements for the post include;
- Be a Team player
- Full Valid Driving Licence
- Access to a vehicle for work use
- Minimum HNC/D Qualification in Civil Engineering
- IOSH Qualification (or willing to work towards obtaining it)
- Recording and keeping up to date accurate records
We are looking for applicants with the following experience;
- Experience in preparing and specifying Civil Engineering works up to the value of £0.5m
- Managing multiple small scale works
- Have a working knowledge of Auto CAD
- Able to manage own workload
- In depth knowledge of Chapter 8 Working on Highways
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.