School Business Manager, Holy Family Catholic Primary School
The Archdiocese of Birmingham
Term Time Only (+ 2 additional weeks)
Required from start of July 2017
The Governors of Holy Family Catholic School are seeking to appoint a skilled, experienced and enthusiastic School Business Manager to join our friendly, hardworking team.
We can offer:
- An oversubscribed, warm and friendly school with supportive governors, staff and parents.
- Highly motivated, skilled staff who willingly undertake a culture of continuous development.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic team player and leader.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to develop effective relationships with other schools in our cluster and other agencies.
- A proactive and highly organised and committed individual with effective written and oral communication skills and an eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, HR and premises maintenance and will take a lead role in Health & Safety and Safeguarding. They will also be responsible for the day to day operation of our busy school office. The Business Manager will work closely with the Head Teacher and Governors to support them in setting and meeting strategic objectives.
Key Requirements: Level 4 Diploma SBM (formerly CSBM) or equivalent degree level qualification. He or she must be able to demonstrate significant successful experience of school finance and resource management. Experience of SIMS/FMS/Microsoft Office is required.
- Holy Family School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will undertake an enhanced DBS clearance.
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (& subsequent changes).
- Applications will only be accepted on the CES application form.
- If shortlisted, two references will be required, one of which will be from your current employer.
- Evidence of Right to Work will be required at interview stage.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work.
Application forms available to download below (only the CES Application form will be accepted). Completed forms must be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12:00 noon Monday 27th March. You will be notified by Friday 31 March if you have reached the interview stage.
Interviews: Wednesday 5 April 2017
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.