Would you relish the exciting opportunity to join our team on a journey towards being an outstanding Academy?
Scientia Academy are seeking to appoint an experienced, energetic and caring SEN Teaching Assistant to support children with complex and high needs (emotional, behavioural and physical needs of the child: medication, intimate care, first aid, etc).
In collaboration with the Class Teacher and the SENCo you will nurture and support pupils' educational experience to the best it can be and will make a significant contribution to pupils’ progress. We are looking for someone with strong behaviour management skills, sound classroom knowledge and a caring personality. This role also requires you to work alongside individual children and groups in class and take the lead in managing small groups of pupils for specific intervention. You will also be required to provide lunchtime support.
We aim to appoint someone who is passionate about inclusion and is willing to go the extra mile to help secure outstanding outcomes for our children and families.
The successful candidate must:
- possess a QCF Level 2 certificate in Teaching & Learning or equivalent qualification,
- have experience in supporting pupils at all levels and ability,
- flexible and reliable with a caring nature,
- be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with young children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives,
- have a range of strategies to support learners of all abilities, and provide excellent support for individual pupils,
- be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team.
In return we can offer:
- an extremely supportive, friendly team and a modern, well-resourced work environment,
- high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement,
- a commitment to wellbeing and a chance to be a part of a driven, skilled, and dedicated team.
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme,
- high quality Continuous Professional Development,
- free and confidential access to REACh2’s Employment Assistant programme manned by qualified counsellors 24 hours / 7 days per week,
- a rewarding job where no two days are the same.