Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist (Cognition & Learning)
Warwickshire’s EPS is a vibrant, exciting and growing service with a strong local and national reputation in a county full of culture and activity that was listed in 2017 Lonely Planet’s top 10 places to visit.
The Educational Psychology Service works closely with Warwickshire’s SEND team under the joint leadership of the Principal EP. This structure along with the high reputation of our staff means that EPs are at the heart of Local Authority strategic and operational development.
As a semitraded service we have many commissions for work from Warwickshire schools and a range of other agencies both within the county and further afield.
This has allowed us to undertake some exciting and substantial projects covering systems work, capacity building and therapeutic programmes along with the usual case work.
Warwickshire EPS offers:
• an extremely strong leadership team structure
• a friendly, lively and proactive service with a positive outlook and strong reputation.
• a strong ethical ethos with a commitment to inclusion
• excellent supervision and support within a service committed to developing the careers of its members
• strong links with local universities which help us to keep a skilled and wellinformed workforce of Senior EPs, Specialist Senior EPs, experienced EPs, Trainee EPs, Assistant EPs and psychology undergraduates on placement.
• extremely high quality and generous CPD arrangements with opportunities to develop skills and specialist expertise and to acquire further qualifications
• excellent admin support
• modern technological support including smart phones and laptops
• flexible working from home and family friendly policies
37.0 Hours per Week
This is a full time, permanent position although we would consider applicants wishing to work at or in excess of 0.6 f.t.e.
Warwickshire EPS is looking to appoint a highly skilled, enthusiastic and creative Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist to work alongside the current Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist in support of cognition and learning. The successful candidate will be required to develop capacity in their specialism across the whole service, to work closely with other services and to be able to identify the contribution their work has made towards positive outcomes for children and young people.
Working in a traded service Specialist Senior EPs are responsible for identifying, negotiating and managing commissions from other Local Authority Services, Health Services and educational establishments. There is much scope for the successful applicant to shape this role to align with their own areas of interest and skill.
Please see Job description for Essential and Desirable criteria. All applicants must be professionally qualified and HCPC registered with a minimum of three years' experience.
Additional Information & How to Apply
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 5 May 2017
Interview Date: 17 May 2017
For further information about the role please contact: To discuss this opportunity please contact Principal Educational Psychologist and SENDAR Manager Dr Helen Kendall on 01926 742921 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our method of application is online. If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply for this job' link please contact the Recruitment Centre.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Please note that all applications must be received on an application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.