Teacher in Charge of Design and Technology
Ark Kings – a small school, big family; transforming the lives of our students
Start date: September 2017
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS Outside London (£23,026 – £39,204) plus TLR2A (£2,639)
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham
Nearest train station/transport links: Five minute drive from the M42, Junction 2, Kings Norton Station (25 mins walk), bus routes including the 35, 45, 49 and 84
Deadline: 11am on Friday 31st March 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 4th April 2017
Ofsted: Good in all areas (2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 0121 459 4451.
In 2015, Ark Kings Academy was named as the most improved academy in the country, and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in October 2016. In April 2017 we will move into our brand new school building - an exciting next stage of our schools’ transformation and our journey to outstanding.
We are looking to recruit a Teacher in Charge of Design and Technology to play an integral part in our journey to outstanding. Your role will include:
- to lead and manage the effective delivery of an outstanding Design and Technology curriculum which enables the highest level of student progress and attainment.
- to design, oversee, monitor and evaluate an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children and develops their skills and knowledge.
- to lead a professional community of teachers to ensure high attainment of Design and Technology across the school.
As a new subject to Ark Kings Academy, this role offers:
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher to build the department from the ground up, with new facilities, to choose new equipment and maximise this for pupils to get the best out of the subject
- A blank canvas to create a new, stimulating Design and Technology curriculum for both KS3 & 4
- A position in which you will see your department develop and flourish under your leadership
Staff development is key to our school improvement plan. Expectations are high and there is an array of tailored support and development opportunities available to help you reach them. At Ark Kings you will have access to:
• Online training, and bespoke learning and mentoring programmes
• Twice the standard number of training days for teachers throughout the year (10 days)
• Dedicated co-planning time
• High quality training from the Ark Network
• Hub Days - three times a year, people working in specific roles or subject areas get together to share best practice and deepen their subject knowledge with peers from across the Ark network.
Our rigorous behaviour system, means that teachers can focus on getting the best possible outcomes for students. Extra free periods are built into the school day to enable you have the time to get things done – whether that’s training, lesson planning or meetings.
As a teacher at Ark Kings Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Click here to find out more about the benefits of work for Ark Kings Academy.
Please submit your application online by visiting https://goo.gl/PBLFw0. The deadline for applications is 11am on Friday 31st March 2017. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check