Conference and Reviewing Team Manager
Conference and Reviewing Team Manager x 1
PO 14 - £40,619 to £43,387
Are you an experienced social work manager with Independent Conference and Reviewing Officer experience who is committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for children and young people? If so we would like you to join us here at Telford & Wrekin Council in our continuing improvement journey. Ofsted recognised in our recent inspection that we are keeping children and young people safe and have made some important improvements in the quality of services and in the outcomes that children are achieving. However we have more to do, and have created a permanent Conference and Reviewing Team Manager post to help us on our improvement journey.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional to manage our Independent Conference and Reviewing Officers, Foster Home Reviewing Officer and Lead Authority Designated Officer (LADO) in accordance with Statutory Regulations and Guidance. The Team Manager will not hold a caseload, but will provide occasional cover for meetings when necessary. The successful applicant will be committed to service improvement and achieving the best possible outcomes for children and young people. You will have significant experience of Independent Reviewing Officer work, and the skills to support staff, manage performance and lead the team through a process of change and improvement in line with the recommendations from our recent Ofsted inspection.
Applicants must have the following:
• Be passionate about ensuring children and young people are safe, and creative in supporting them to achieve the best possible outcomes
• Extensive relevant experience in children and families work including managing team/staff within child protection and statutory interventions
• BA Honours in Social Work (DiPSW) or equivalent
• An in-depth working knowledge of legislation and best practice relating to conference and reviewing services, Foster Home Reviews and LADO
• A proven track record of service improvement, and managing change to deliver quality services
See attached Job Description
For an informal discussion please contact Tilly Heigh, Service Delivery Manager: Service Improvement on 01952 380923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 21st April 2017