Deputy Head Teacher
City of Birmingham School
Due to the internal promotion of our current Deputy Head Teacher to Head Teacher, we are looking to appoint an inspirational leader to join our outstanding leadership team and assist in taking our highly successful school forward, building on the strong platform already laid.
If you are a Special, Primary or Secondary School Leader ready for a city-wide role in our 5-16 PRU across nine settings, then we would like to talk to you. COBS has approximately 170 staff and is underpinned by a strong and highly skilled governance structure, strengthened by its effective partnerships with Birmingham Local Authority and the 390 Birmingham schools it serves.
The new Deputy Head will have the opportunity to make a real difference for some of Birmingham’s most vulnerable and challenging children and to work with partners and other leaders to develop COBS. Being a Senior Leader at COBS will be a rewarding challenge. We are looking for someone whose values and track record are reflected in
- substantial experience of developing innovative curriculum models to meet the wide range of age and needs within the school
- their effective leadership of continuous school improvement in a senior position
- the knowledge and interpersonal skills needed to effectively manage resources with the ability to inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning for excluded young people
- the articulate championing of inclusion and the provision of creative, stimulating and safe learning environments
- an ambition for strong partnerships, with COBS at the centre of appropriate provision for ALL Birmingham’s learners who are at risk of exclusion
- the ability to engage effectively with families and the different communities we serve.
For an initial phone conversation, which we hope will lead to a visit, please contact Shirley Chisholm on 0121 303 0272. Our principal visit day will be on Friday 28th April in the morning. For candidates unable to make this day there will be a follow up opportunity on Wednesday 3rd May in the morning.
This visit will include the chance to meet the newly appointed Head Teacher, a range of pupils and see some of our centres in operation.
You may also wish to view our school website at www.cityofbirminghamschool.com
Closing date: Thursday 4th May 2017, 9am
Interviews are expected to take place on Tuesday 16th and Thursday 18th May 2017
Further details and application forms available from Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hour answerphone) or email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk
Please quote reference: ES1911TE
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.