We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated IT Technician to work in our IT Services department. The role will operate predominantly at the 2nd line desktop level but there will be an overlap into 3rd line and projects also. We are an Academy with Outstanding Leadership and Management at all levels within the school. (Ofsted 2010 & 2013 – overall effectiveness “Outstanding”)
The successful candidate must be:
- Committed to making a difference.
- Passionate about the use of technology and its impact on the teaching and learning environment.
- Someone who has proven experience working within a Microsoft based IT infrastructure.
- Highly motivated and able to work without close supervision.
Ideally, the candidate will have a sound practical knowledge of but not limited to:
- MS Windows 7 and 10, MS Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016.
- Microsoft deployment techniques.
- Office 2010 and 2016.
- HP switches, Watchguard firewall, Cisco wireless.
- Impero (or similar classroom management software)
- HP and Dell laptops and desktops.
- Interactive whiteboard technologies.
Required as soon as possible, a cheerful and enthusiastic person with a sound knowledge of computer hardware and software applications to support the provision of information and communication technology facilities to pupils, teachers and business users.
Your duties will include assisting in the management of the computer networks, providing technical support to all users and ensuring all ICT equipment is adequately maintained.
You should have a flexible approach, initiative and be able to work to deadlines under pressure.
The post is full time all year round.
The hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8.30am – 4.00pm on Friday.
Application packs can be downloaded from this website or requested from the academy.
To arrange a visit please contact Mrs Amrit Nagra on 02476 302580 or email email@example.com
Completed applications should be returned via email by Sunday 7th May 2017.
Completed applications should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted, CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.