Leader of Maths and Numeracy (King Edward VI High School)
Leader of Maths and Numeracy
To commence September 2017
From September 2017, we require an exceptional classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching Maths to lead our experienced Mathematics department to further success. The post will suit an experienced teacher wishing to further develop their career, as professional development opportunities are available for an outstanding candidate.
You will be an innovative and creative teacher with a student centered vision and lead on key aspects of the school improvement narrowing the gaps in performance and develop further our data, tracking and intervention at a classroom level. You will have ambition, energy and drive to provide our students with exciting and challenging lessons in mathematics. You will help to lead the school to develop our ethos, whilst ensuring we successfully address those areas that need further development.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead on improving performances at student level and within the department
- Lead on narrowing the gap for vulnerable students
- Lead on developing assessment, AfL and marking
- Lead on data tracking and target setting at every level, every key stage so that all our students fulfil their potential
- Lead on excellent teaching and learning throughout the department
The successful candidate will be:
- a creative, motivational and effective classroom practitioner
- passionate about teaching and learning and ensuring every child fulfils their potential
- able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people
- enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated and resilient being able to respond well to pressure
- accessible and accountable
- able to work with all stakeholders and external partners
We can offer:
- a caring, welcoming school with a supportive Governing Body
- an inclusive school of which students, staff and the community are proud of
The Maths subject area is a well-equipped learning environment with all teaching rooms fitted with either interactive resources or a projector.
The Maths Department is an experienced team of specialists with good teaching skills, committed to working with students to enable them to fulfill their potential and engage in learning that is fun, active and challenging.
Please phone Ms Coughlan (Bursar) on 01785 258546 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd May 2017 at 9.00 am.
DBS Checks This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Asylum and Immigration To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/