Finance, Data and Workflow Coordinator
You will be responsible for managing and co-ordianting the administrative finance function and data systems of the Statutory Assessment and review Service. This will include:
• Preparing comprehensive financial information and monitoring a number of SEN budgets
• Developing and maintaining comprehensive performance and information systems and a framework to support SEN managers and other professionals
• Evaluating the effectiveness of these activities and impact
• Continuously monitoring to quality assure workflow systems
We are looking for professional individuals with the following experience/knowledge:
• Educated to at least A level standard, having excellent literacy and numeracy skills and a confident communicator.
• Experienced in data management, interpreting data and developing systems to monitor performance.
• An understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and how this relates to data and statutory timescales.
• Excellent IT skills and will be able to adapt your knowledge to various data systems.
• Experience of budgetary control and financial systems.
• Able to work under pressure and prioritise work tasks
Coventry is a vibrant and ambitious City where we value diversity.
The Special Educational Needs Service is committed to working with families and partners to support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The service is responsible for a range of important statutory educational work within Coventry City Council.
We believe that all children regardless of any additional need or disability should be able to lead an ‘Ordinary Life’ where they have opportunities to achieve their full potential preparing them for successful transition to adulthood. We want to attract applicants who are passionate about supporting children and young people with special education needs.
In return, we can offer you flexible working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include working from home (subject to project/service area requirements), flexible working hours, generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays) and a flexitime scheme. In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification