Dudley MBC Catering Services provide school meals to schools across Dudley; our aim is to provide a high quality service at all times ensuring legislation is met, including adherence to the school food standards.
Hours: Various (Please see details below)
Salary: Grade 2 (£14,615 - £14,975) FTE Term Time Only (£12,238 - £12,539 pro rata) £7.57 per hour
Location: Dudley Borough (Please see below)
We are looking to appoint Catering Assistants/Cashiers
You main duties include;
- Preparing of main courses, sweets and sauces
- Serving of food in an efficient manner
- Assist with washing up kitchen equipment and tableware
- Setting out and putting away dining furniture
- Cleaning dining and kitchen areas.
- Operate a cash register processing purchases for meals, snacks and drinks
- Must possess a valid Food Hygiene Certificate or be willing to train for one
- Experience of serving food within a large catering operation
- Experience in a catering role, including food preparation.
- Good customer service skills
- Experience of using a till
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
We currently have vacancies in the following schools within the Dudley Borough:-
1. Catering Assistant/Cleaner at Straits Primary, Longfellow Road, Lower Gornal, DY3 3EE. 10.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 11.45am - 1.45pm, Wednesday and Friday 11.45am – 2:00pm no break, term time only.
Click on the apply link at the bottom of the advert to apply.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
N.B We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents