Children's Centre Worker
• You will provide support to children and their families through the delivery of integrated Early Intervention and Prevention Services in order to improve outcomes by undertaking and participating in the Common Assessment Framework process by delivering and contributing to family support plans.
• You will be responsible for planning and delivering a range of individual and group evidence-based programmes, to children and their families, in a range of settings including the home.
• An understanding of partnership working and interagency approaches.
• Ability to work on your own and as part of an integrated team.
• Interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
• Skills to use a variety of IT systems and programmes
• The relevent experience of working with children and families within a diverse community alongside a range of professional and service providers.
At Coventry City Council we put children at the heart of everything we do, we believe in high-quality child-centred services that reflect the ever-changing community we serve. We are outcome driven and value partnership working to help deliver top class early intervention.
In return, we can offer you generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays). In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments
37 hours a week 8:30-4:30 or 9:00-5:00
25th May 2017
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2017
Job Description and Person Specification