Registered Manager (Children’s Residential Services) - Ref: CH00417
Registered Manager (Children's Residential Services) – Ref: CH00417
£38,789 - £43,387 per annum
You will be able to lead and develop the residential team to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people, through the provision of safe, high quality, personalised care and support, which meets legal and regulatory requirements and ensures value for money.
- Have responsibility for the day to day delivery of high quality small group residential care, which maximises positive outcomes for children & young people in accordance and compliance with legislation, guidance and local policy and procedures
- Ensure the evaluation of risk and the protection of young people from harm, including the provision of a safe and stimulating living environment
- Possess or working towards a qualification in management at level 5 (Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care)
- Have extensive experience of working with children/young people who may present with challenging behaviours and substantial experience of working at a senior level in a residential setting
- Have experience of supervising other social care staff and challenging their practice where necessary and experience of determining priorities in the implementation of a direct care service
- Have experience and commitment of IT systems and communication tools
Our Residential Homes can accommodate children up to 18 years of age. Due to the nature of this post the Department for Education National Minimum Standards state that the employees must be 4 years older than the oldest resident. Therefore, applicants must be 22 years of age or older.
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
Closing date: 14 May 2017
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: email@example.com
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Job Description & Employee Specification