2 x Teachers
CHESLYN HAY PRIMARY SCHOOL
2x Teachers required: To Start September 2017
Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2
M1-M6 Full time, Permanent.
Cheslyn Hay is a successful and popular large Primary school. It has an excellent reputation within the community and is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted July 2014). We are proud of our achievements and we are seeking to employ class teachers who will join us on our journey for improvement. The school environment reflects our passion for learning. There is a strong staff team and hardworking pupils who are a credit to the school. Our aim is to appoint excellent classroom practitioners with a strong interest in coaching and enabling every pupil to succeed.
We are looking to appoint two inspirational Class Teachers to work in either Key Stage 1 or 2 alongside dedicated and enthusiastic colleagues in order to plan and teach highly effective lessons that ensure all pupils achieve their potential. An ideal candidate will demonstrate evidence of Outstanding classroom practice and pupil outcomes.
In September 2016, the staff created the following vision for the school:
At Cheslyn Hay our vision is to be:
A school where children find learning fun and leave with positive and long lasting memories. A school where children make progress in all of their learning because of high expectations and the encouragement and nurturing of inquisitive minds. A school full of resilient and confident learners who want to be the best that they can. A school that encourages respect and tolerance of others where all children can feel happy and safe.
An outstanding school that prepares pupils for life because that is what our children deserve.
We want teachers who will share this vision for our school and our pupils and will help us to deliver this vision through their classroom practice and commitment to the school.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who can demonstrate a proven track record of securing good progress
- Have high expectations for all pupils
- Understand the importance of a safe learning experience for all pupils
- Be a well organised, enthusiastic classroom practitioner
- Have the ability to work in a professional team
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to lead a focus area, within the school. (Not expected for NQTs)
You will be joining:
- A strong and dedicated staff team
- Pupils who work hard are proud of their school and are excellent ambassadors for the school
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Body
- Parents/carers who work successfully with the staff
- Quality CPD within school and externally
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd May
Visits to the School: Call the school to arrange a visit (School Closed for Easter - until 24th April)
Observations of shortlisted candidates in their schools: Monday 8th – Thursday 11th May
Interviews: Friday 12th May
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.