Team Leader Customer Contact – Ref: EE00317
Team Leader Customer Contact – ref EE00317
(2 Year Fixed Term Post Ending 31 March 2019)
G9 £31,288- 36,019 per annum
Walsall Council is looking to appoint a Team Leader with exceptional interpersonal skills to lead our customer contact centre team in the provision of excellent customer access. You will have previous supervisory experience working within a contact centre and be able to provide operational supervision over a growing customer contact team. You will manage telephone calls and responses to email enquiries and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, currently based at the council’s environmental depot in Brownhills Walsall. As part of the council’s Transformation Programme the contact centre will be rapidly expanding to increase the number of services being handled through the contact centre.
The key responsibilities of this post include:
- Initially manage a team of circa 12 Business Support Officers
- Set objectives, targets, development plans, conduct 1-2-1’s
- Deliver on-going coaching and development through performance and call monitoring
- Deal with any escalated customer issues
- Manage customer complaints swiftly learning from customer feedback
Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven supervisory experience to include working with managers and colleagues to ensure a high quality and cost effective operational service delivery is achieved
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of working within a contact centre environment delivering excellent customer care
- Supervisory / management qualification or equivalent experience. Educated A Level or equivalent, Level 5 HNC or equivalent OR equivalent experience
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
Information for applicants
Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5 May 2017
Shortlist to take place: by 9 May 2017
Interviews will take place 15 May 2017
Job Description & Employee Specification