Hours per week: 12.5 per week, term time only
Contract type: Permanent
Oasis Academy Blakenhale Junior
Telephone number: 0121 783 3960
Email address: email@example.com
Required as soon as possible
We are looking for friendly, reliable, efficient Cleaner to work as part of the cleaning team. Experience preferred but not essential as training will be given.
The successful applicant will:
· have a basic knowledge/experience of using products and equipment used in cleaning
· have practical ability in polishing, dusting, cleaning, washing and sweeping
· have proven ability to be able to converse positively with caretaking/facilities management and teaching staff
· be able to adopt a flexible approach to the post
· have a broad knowledge of equal opportunities
· have knowledge of health and safety in relation to cleaning and hygiene
· have previous experience of working in a team
· will be required to rotate between the infants and junior academies Oasis Community Learning is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in and, as such, you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing date: Friday 22 December 2023, midday
For further information and an application pack, collect from the Academy Main Office or download applicant pack (CVs are not accepted) Applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date or posted to: Oasis Academy Blakenhale Infants and Blakenhale Junior, Outmore Road, Garrett’s Green, Birmingham,
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY NO AGENCY CONTACTS PLEASE
Please return completed application pack to: email@example.com, post or deliver to the Academy.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.