Executive Head of the Green Leek Federation
Due to the retirement of our successful Head we are seeking to appoint an Executive Head of The Green Leek Federation. We are a federation of two Church of England primary schools, five miles apart, both located in semi-rural settings on the outskirts of Kenilworth.
Our school community would like an Executive Head of the Federation who:
- ‘will keep the very special feeling of our schools’ (staff member);
- ‘has passion, commitment and promotes the school ethos’ (parent);
- ‘is kind, caring, considerate and friendly’ (Year 5 pupil).
We will offer you:
- enthusiastic learners keen to do their best and eager to participate in a multitude of different opportunities;
- two small church schools, each with its own special identity, who work effectively together in a well-established federation;
- dedicated highly valued staff teams who work in partnership to develop and extend the curriculum;
- a skilled and supportive governing body;
- the opportunity to be part of two friendly small communities who value the place each school has in their village and appreciate the links that have developed over time.
We are looking for an Executive Head of the Federation who will be:
- an inspirational leader who leads by example and supports adults and children with care and consideration;
- an effective manager able to sustain systems to ensure the efficient organisation of our federation;
- a passionate teacher committed to the development and nurturing of the ‘whole child’;
- someone who shares our school values and appreciates how the strength of our Christian ethos weaves its way through school life and is able to cultivate this;
- someone who has a positive outlook on life, loves children and enables staff and pupils to develop to be the ’best that they can be’ within a fully inclusive learning environment.
Additional Information & How to Apply
We welcome applications from aspiring Deputy Headteachers and experienced Headteachers as well as other senior leaders who can demonstrate the required skills and experience.
Applications should be made online – please use the application form linked to this advertisement or send for an application pack to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application please answer the following questions (no more than 2 sides of A4 for each question):
- Give evidence of how you would apply your education philosophy to leading our Church of England School Federation.
- As our strategic leader how would you enable our Federation to grow and move forward considering the current national educational climate?
The closing date for applications is 26 June 2017 at 9.00am
All Saints CofE Primary, Warwick Road, Leek Wootton, CV35 7QR
Burton Green CofE Primary, Hob Lane, Burton Green, CV8 1QB
The schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children. The appointment is subject to a successful DBS check.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification