Specialist Advisor Trainer - Attendance - Ref: CH01617
Specialist Adviser Trainer – Attendance – Ref: CH01617
£30,978 - £35,662 (full-time term-time only position and the annual salary of will be pro-rata to 40 weeks of the annual salary) plus casual mileage allowance
This position is based at the Education Development Centre in Pelsall Lane, Walsall.
An opportunity has arisen to appoint to a permanent position within the Access Service of Walsall Children’s Services to replace a colleague who is leaving the service. This position is part of the management team of the Education Welfare Service and will undertake various duties including:
- Supervision and case management of a group of Education Welfare Service staff
- Specialist traded work such as data preparation and policy development
- Attendance training
- Casework in respect of irregular school attendance
The Education Welfare Service has developed successful strategies for improving school attendance from early intervention through to undertaking statutory responsibilities for addressing school absence. The service is commissioned by schools in Walsall and also schools in neighbouring areas.
There is currently a national focus on vulnerable groups in education settings, including children who do not attend school in the usual way. This post holder will be an integral part of strengthening our support to schools for this vulnerable group. Additionally the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues in other services and agencies through an integrated approach.
The ideal candidate will have worked either within an Education Welfare Service, have a working knowledge of the legislation in respect of this vulnerable group; or have some management experience of working within a team or service that works with families within a statutory framework.
For further information and an informal discussion please contact Caroline Guest, Access Manager or Sarah Flanagan, Specialist Officer – Business and Statutory on telephone number 01922 652860 or by e mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
Closing date: 16 June 2016
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: email@example.com
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Job Description & Employee Specification