Support Analyst - BIT
Permanent Vacancy within the Business Intelligence Team (BIT) - Headquarters
Salary: Grade 4 (£17,772 to £20,138)
Hours: 37 hours (flexible working hours in operation).
Based at Service headquarters, Pirehill, Stone, Staffs, ST15 0BS
About the role:
Support the provision of data and information throughout the Service. Support users in the use of information and systems.
- Coordinate and produce day to day information reports and analysis
- Support short term information requirements by managing and interrogating local departmental systems
- Assist in the provision of accurate, quality assured data
- Assist in the development of information reports relating to Service performance and activities
- Assist in training activities for staff
- Develop and maintain guidance notes relating to systems and provide a telephone helpdesk facility
- Provide administrative functions for the department as required
We are looking for candidates who have/can:-
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy and an eye for detail
- Good general IT skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience of working with data
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially presentation of information.
- The ability to work as a team member but also work on own initiative
- Full driving license
Knowledge Fire Service/Systems and experience of database query language and report writing application such as Reporting Services would be advantages.
Closing Date: Midnight on 2nd June 2016.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external applicants.
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Julie Edwards – Recruitment Advisor on 01785 898749 or Claire Lambourne – HR Business Partner on 01785 898722.