Information Analyst - BIT
Permanent Vacancy within the Business Intelligence Team (BIT) - Headquarters
Salary: Grade 5 (£20,661 to £22,658)
Hours: 37 hours (flexible working hours in operation).
Based at Service headquarters, Pirehill, Stone, Staffs, ST15 0BS
About the role:
To Develop Intelligence to support Service Decisions
- Develop information reports relating to Service performance and activities
- Liaise with Service staff and partners regarding information requirements to ensure that requirements are met
- Assist in the maintenance of systems to provide valid information to the Service
- Manage information to ensure its accessibility and accuracy to support the provision of information
- Provide analysis of information and research as required
- Provide training on use of systems and advice on use of data
We are looking for candidates who have/can:-
- A high level of literacy and numeracy
- Evidence a thorough understanding of Information management and analysis of data
- Experience of databases and querying information (preferably SQL)
- Demonstrable use of analytical techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially presentation of information
- Have a high level of attention to detail, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work as a team member and to use own initiative and problem solve
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- A Full driving license
Knowledge Fire Service/Systems and experience of report writing application such as Reporting Services/Mapping Software would be advantages.
Closing Date: Midnight on 4th June 2017.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external applicants.
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Julie Edwards – Recruitment Advisor on 01785 898749 or Claire Lambourne – HR Business Partner on 01785 898722.