Salary up to £43,516 per year (Pay award pending).
Interview date: Rolling dates across November 2023
Permanent full-time, Monday to Friday with flexible working
Hours: 37.0 Hours per Week
About the Role
At Solihull Council we are on a transformational journey committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for our children, young people and their families across our local area. We’ve increased investment in our people and services, as well as introducing additional resources that allow us to deliver more positive changes to the borough.
We are looking for Social Workers to provide a social work service to vulnerable children, young people and their families that positively promotes their welfare and life changes.
We're looking for Social Workers to join the following teams:
- Integrated Front Door
- Safeguarding and Family Support
- Children Looked After
As part of this role, you will:
- Be committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families across the local area.
- Make timely and appropriate responses to and manage assigned work in accordance with Directorate policies and procedures, budgets and relevant legislation.
- Share information, support and develop effective working relationships with team members, professionals in other agencies and other colleagues in the Directorate.
- Promote integrated working, ensuring a need led response that improves the outcomes for children and their families.
- Undertake assessments in line with the “Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families”.
- Carry out regular reviews of individual plans, record outcomes and formulate plans based on those reviews.
- Establish and implement action plans based on the assessed needs of the children, young people and their families, the child/young person in conjunction with their family and other agencies using Signs of Safety.
- Promote partnership and participation with children and their families.
Our Offer to You
- Earn one of highest salaries in the region. In a recent independent analysis of pay data across the West Midlands comparing our maximum grade salaries to 13 other local authorities we were proud to learn that our offering is in the top three for both Social Worker and Senior Social worker. Earn up to £43,516 pa as a Social worker.
- Local government pension with 6.8% (subject to annual review/change) section contribution.
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years of service. We also offer the opportunity to buy up to 10 days of additional leave per year.
- Flexible working in our modern refurbished offices.
- Our Children's Social Care Academy provides training and coaching for practitioners, with year-round training to progress in your career. Working in partnership with Bournemouth University, we deliver academic programs in-house to help you attain the Practice Education Award at either Honours or Masters level.
- Manageable workloads - our Social Workers have an average of 17 children, giving you the time to give dedicated support where it is needed.
- Cycle to work scheme.
You will be a Professional Social Worker, holding a Qualification and Social Work England registration or pending registration. You will be looking for a new challenge in a caring forward thinking organisation.
You will be able to apply understanding of all relevant laws and practices. Be a solution-focussed and capable worker, with a sound knowledge of current national and regional social work policies/practices. Knowledge of relevant childcare legislation, including a clear understanding of ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
Hold a driving licence and own your own vehicle as this is an essential car user post due to the demands of the job.
For disabled applicants, reasonable adjustments will be made where required.
Delivering a high quality transparent service and committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children, young people and their families.
We place children and young people at the heart of all we do to enable them to achieve their potential and lead fulfilling lives. This means our workforce needs to be effectively led, supported, and well trained. It’s our aim to offer high-quality supervision and guidance to all team members. This includes supporting you, as you support others in the team.
We pride ourselves on a strong culture of child-focused practice. This means transparency, cooperation, and a real commitment to the young people we will care for.
For more information about this fabulous opportunity to join our team, or to apply, please click here.
These posts involve working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found here: www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Job Description & Person Specification