Hales Valley Multi Academy Trust is a primary academy trust, based in Dudley, West Midlands. We currently consist of five very different primary schools, ensuring that our Trust is a diverse and exciting place to work and learn.
We put our children at the heart of everything we do and are dedicated to providing them with an enriching curriculum, underpinned by our overall commitment to high standards across the board.
We value our staff and ensure that they are well supported and trained. We have a continual professional development guarantee that provides a clear career pathway of training and opportunities for all staff at all levels.
Our family of schools work closely together, ensuring that staff and children benefit from sharing the excellent practice that exists across the Trust. Our schools are well supported by the Local Governing Committees, the Board of Directors and the Trust Central team.
We believe that we are stronger together – all schools sharing capacity, resources and expertise. We believe that collaboration is fundamental to providing the best learning opportunities through a meaningful curriculum where children and adults acquire the knowledge, skills and positive attitudes to prepare and strengthen them for their role in society: today, tomorrow and in the future. We support and care for each other, especially when things go wrong; we are a family.
This role provides you with an opportunity to join our family to improve outcomes for children. If you are interested in finding out more please do get in touch – we would be very happy to meet with you!
Level 2 Teaching Assistant - (Job vacancy reference: HVT 0474)
Lutley Primary School is a successful and popular primary school based in Halesowen. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivating and energetic Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work alongside our dedicated and enthusiastic colleagues at Lutley Primary School.
As a Teaching Assistant your main responsibilities will include: in-class support, group work, interventions, 1:1 support, first aid and general welfare responsibilities with direct from the SENDco. The roles require a good knowledge of current practices, including phonics, a positive approach, a willingness to learn and a desire to be part of an effective team.
You will be appointed on Grade 3, working 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year. Your working pattern will be discussed at interview stage. You will be employed on a fixed term contract linked to a period of maternity leave.
Your actual salary range will be £15,793 - £16,079 per annum
- Have CACHE Level 2 in Teaching and Learning to the equivalent or relevant.
- Be an effective practitioner with the ability and desire to improve their practice
- Have high expectations of yourself and others
- Have a proven record of working in partnership with class teachers which has resulted in good attainment and progress for children
- Have experience of working with pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be highly organised, motivated and flexible with the ability to inspire and challenge children
- Be able to promote the vision and values of the school, demonstrating high professional standards.
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated staff
- A leadership team whose focus is on improving outcomes for our children
- Children who value learning and supportive parents
- An ethos of valuing staff and their Professional Development
- A stimulating learning environment which is conducive to learning
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits (pension, holiday, discounted fees at our Trust schools)
- Employee Assistance Programme (supporting your health and wellbeing)
- Networking and support opportunities between the Trust schools
For more information about this role please see attached job description and person specification.
To apply, please complete an application form/monitoring form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21/11/2023
All applicants short listed will be required to take part in a formal interview.
Hales Valley Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: