About The Role
Salary: HC13 £61,734 - £66,738
Closing Date: 26/11/2023
This is a hugely exciting time to join Herefordshire Council in the key role of Head of Planning and Building Control. Herefordshire is a county of great opportunity and ambition, with a new University, thriving Enterprise Zone, and specialisms in defence and security. The county’s natural environment, quality of life and sense of community are unparalleled.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate, with the experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm to lead our strategic and neighbourhood planning, development management, and building control services. This includes leading the Local Plan review that will shape Herefordshire as a place for generations to come, continuing our best in class approach to neighbourhood plans, continuing the transformation of our development management services, and growing our building control function. Herefordshire is an ambitious rural county, this is a fantastic opportunity to come and join a great team and make a real difference.
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
•Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org