Hours per week: 31 per week, term time only
Contract type: Fixed term until 31 August 2024
Brookfields Primary School
Telephone number: 0121 675 1897
Email address: email@example.com
Required as soon as possible.
• to support teaching staff in the development and education of pupils including the provision of specialist skills and delivery of intervention as appropriate
• to support the school in the delivery of social and recreational activities in learning beyond the classroom
• to support the needs of pupils in overcoming barriers to learning over the lunchtime period, including behaviour, active play, social-interaction, teamwork, and co-operation
• to follow and actively promote the Trust’s and the school’s values, policies and procedures including those for safeguarding, health and safety and care of pupils
• to work with our SEND children to help them access the curriculum
You will have a proven record of:
• working with a positive approach with pupils in a Primary setting
• assisting with the preparation, organisation, and delivery of activities across the curriculum for pupils within or outside the classroom, including during educational visits, supporting various aspects of teaching and learning and contributing directly to the raising of standards
• working with named pupils without direct supervision
• responding to pupils’ individual needs whether academic, personal, social, or emotional
• giving specific support to pupils with SEND, liaising with the class teacher and SENDCO and contributing to reports and reviews
You will be:
• organised, pro-active and have a positive approach when working with all stakeholders
• can consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies
• can establish positive relationships with pupils and empathise with their needs
• can monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
• willing to provide intimate care when needed
Create Partnership Trust was formed in September 2016 by Greet Primary School and Conway Primary School. They were joined in January 2017 by Hodge Hill Primary School and November 2018 by Brookfields Primary School. All are supported by CREATE CENTRAL, a growing team of specialists building the MAT’s infrastructure.
The vision for Create Partnership Trust encompasses the growth of an inspirational family of schools, built on a peer support and challenge model, so that barriers to optimum achievement are removed and where effective practice is systematically shared.
This post is covered by part 7 of the immigration act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement of this role.
Please find a link to our safeguarding policy you are encouraged to read this policy prior to applying to work with us.
Create Partnership Trust is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Closing date: 30 November 2023, 9:00am
For more information about the role please contact Louise on 0121 675 1897 or email:
Applications to be submitted online on MyNewTerm or visit the school website for more information
Interviews: Week commencing 4 December 2023
Informal visits are encouraged and welcomed; Please contact Louise on 0121 675 1897 to arrange.
Louise will also make arrangements for you to visit the school informally or hold a conversation prior to application with the Headteacher, Leanne Mahony.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.