About The Role
Salary: £33,945 - £38,223
Closing Date: 26/11/2023
2 positions available
We are looking to recruit an ambitious town planner seeking to gain further experience within Development Management and take their career to the next level. You will be based within one of the two area teams and the role will involve you in some of the more significant planning (and associated) applications. You will work within the beautiful Herefordshire countryside as well as dealing with casework within the city of Hereford or its surrounding market towns and villages. The County is rich in biodiversity, landscape and heritage value including two AONB’s, Conservation Areas and many listed building buildings. We think it`s a truly outstanding place to work, that will offer the right candidate valuable experience in a wide range of casework, as well as an opportunity to shape a sustainable future as the Council embarks on a review of its Core Strategy.
You should be either a member or working towards membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute and have the ability to travel around the county. Support for further career development will be available.
The position is based at the councils modern offices at Plough Lane, Hereford although there will be the opportunity to work flexibly from home .
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
•Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com