About The Role
Salary: HC05 £23,893 - £25,979
Closing Date: 27/11/2023
2 positions available
The Development Management Technical Support Team are seeking an enthusiastic and well-motivated person to provide technical support to the wider Development Management Team you be required to provide effective, flexible, and responsive business support to a busy service area where deadlines are crucial. Computer/typing skills are desirable. Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise a workload and work under pressure to deadlines are essential.
As a Technical Support Officer, you will work closely with the Business Manager and team to ensure service delivery.
While an understanding of Development Management would be an advantage, full training in all areas of the role, over several months will be provided.
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
•Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org