Exhall Grange is a 4-19 maintained school which provides a nurturing environment
and meets the needs of children and young people with:
• Social, Communication and Interaction difficulties including Autism
• Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs • Physical difficulties
• Sensory impairment • Complex medical needs
Many of our children and young people are physically or emotionally extremely vulnerable or have life limiting conditions. Some have a combination of these. Some of our pupils are highly anxious and require a calm, predictable and nurturing environment in order to access school.
The school has an exceptional range of facilities including a swimming pool, gym, sensory room, soft playroom and enterprise kitchen as well as design technology facilities, science laboratories, a large sports field, forest school and tarmac playground areas.
We are seeking to appoint from January 2024, or sooner if available, an enthusiastic Design Technology Teacher. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach Secondary Resistant Materials and some Food or Textiles.
We are seeking someone with:
• A passion for teaching and learning and a sound subject knowledge, that can be utilised to challenge all pupils.
• The ability to motivate, inspire and stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment of Design Technology in pupils.
• The ability to be a/or become an excellent classroom practitioner with creative teaching skills and a professional approach. We would welcome applications from ECTs.
• High expectations of pupils in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour.
• The determination to raise pupil achievement.
• Good team skills.
You will have the opportunity to work within the well equipped and supportive Technology department within this unique Specialist Provision. The School has a strong ethos with clear vision and values with an emphasis on ‘Be Your Best Self’ for both pupils and staff. You will become a valued member of an encouraging and friendly staff group.
The closing time/date is : 09.00 a.m on Friday 24 November 2023. Completed applications forms should be sent to :-
Mrs P Kane, PA to Headteacher, Exhall Grange Specialist School, Easter Way, Ash Green, Coventry, CV7 9JG
Or via email to email@example.com. All email applications received will be acknowledged.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 30 November 2023.
As part of our safer employment processes, we can only accept Warwickshire County Council application forms, so please do not send CVs. in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance, internet searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates and successful candidates will require an enhanced Child and Adult workforce Disclosure and Barring check.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and references will be sought prior to interview.