Plas Gwynant Outdoor Education Centre is at the heart of outdoor education and adventure, set in an inspirational setting at the foot of Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon).
As the Assistant Cook for our busy centre, you will support the smooth running of our catering service ensuring visiting groups enjoy healthy and nutritious meals during their stay.
You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and serving of all meals provided at the centre. You will be involved with food ordering, allergen awareness, planning menus and stock control while maintaining health and hygiene in the kitchen.
Who are we looking for?
An enthusiastic, friendly person with a positive manner, communication and customer service skills, who is autonomous in their approach, but also happy to work well in a team. Ideally you will have your food handling certificate – but do not worry if you don’t, we can help you achieve this!
Benefits of working with us:
- Starting at £10.79 per hour plus a Living Wage supplement to £10.90 per hour
- Permanent contract for 24 hours per week - termtime working could be discussed
- Enhanced rate of pay for weekend work and overtime during busier periods
- No late-night shifts, occasional weekend working, closed over Christmas holidays
- Generous annual leave entitlement and access to a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Training and development to include allergen awareness, safeguarding and Health & Safety at work
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Interviews W/C 4 December
24 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Information for applicants