Experienced Social Worker
We are looking for experienced children's social workers to help improve the lives of children and young people in Worcestershire.
- Salary up to £39,486 + £3,000 one-off welcome payment*
- Relocation package worth up to £10,000*.
- Social Work Academy – you will be able to access professional and career progression development through our academy.
- Great flexible and mobile working options.
*Salary includes market forces payment and annual retention payment. Welcome and annual retention payments, and relocation package subject to eligibility criteria.
At Worcestershire County Council, we are working together to ensure all our children and young people are healthy, feel safe and have opportunities to enjoy their lives and reach their full potential. We have a stable and permanent senior leadership team who are passionate about this - it is what drives us! If you share our passion and want to join us on our journey, we want to hear from you.
We have increased our establishment of front line social workers and managers so we currently have opportunities in:
- Safeguarding Teams at the Family Front Door working as part of a duty system assessing children in need and in need of protection.
- Locality Teams undertaking case management working alongside children who are subject to care plans, court intervention or children who are looked after.
- Looked After Children's Teams working alongside children and young people who live with foster carers, kinship carers or in residential placements.
You will have a professional qualification in Social Work, hold current HCPC registration and will have significant post qualification experience of working as a social worker. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate that you can manage a full and complex workload to a high standard. You will want to develop yourself professionally and create safety and stability for children, recognising the need to only intervene in family life when it is necessary to do so.
To find out more about working for us please visit our website. If you would like an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact:
- Emma Brittain, Group Manager - 01905 846 666
- Sylvia Gordon, Group Manager - 01905 845 371
Applications can be submitted online or by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing your skills, abilities, experience and achievements to date that make you a suitable candidate for the post (2 sides A4 max) to email@example.com. Please also tell us where you saw this vacancy.