Are you passionate about driving economic growth in the West Midlands? We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled individual with a policy background to lead our cluster growth initiatives to deliver positive outcomes for businesses and communities in the region.
WMCA had developed a strategic plan to drive economic growth and investment in the West Midlands. Our ‘Plan for Growth’ aims to grow the regional economy by an additional £3.9bn by 2030, spreading opportunity and jobs across the region and helping level-up the UK. To support mobilisation of this plan, there are several cluster-focused interventions in design and delivery across the West Midlands economy.
About the Role.
As Delivery Manager - Cluster Leadership, you'll work closely with cluster bodies, industry groups and national policy leaders to co-design initiatives and interventions that align with our West Midlands Plan for Growth. Your focus will be on providing strong leadership to clusters and networks, catalysing the region's economic success.
- Manage relationships with bespoke cluster leadership groups like Midlands Aerospace Alliance and West Midlands Health Technologies Cluster, among others.
- Connect cluster bodies with other relevant initiatives, such as skills development, innovation, and infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with cluster leadership to understand their growth impact across the West Midlands, contributing to levelling-up efforts.
- Support businesses in influencing regional business growth and innovation policies.
- Champion cluster leadership initiatives within the WMCA and seek additional investments.
- Prepare clear briefings and reports for internal and external stakeholders, including the Economic Growth Board.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including local authorities, universities, employers, and government agencies.
- Experience in maintaining relationships with private sector-led networks.
- Ability to provide advice to senior leaders through formal board structures.
- Track record of connecting cluster business activities with cross-cutting interventions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of political processes and handling sensitive issues.
- Collaborative and positive approach to working with others.
Creating an Inclusive Workplace.
West Midlands Combined Authority is dedicated to creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that reflects the communities of the West Midlands region. We recognise that certain groups, such as women and people of colour, may be less likely to apply for roles if they feel they do not meet all the requirements. However, we encourage individuals who are passionate about the role and want to make a difference to still apply. We value potential and encourage applicants to highlight their skills, including transferable ones, even if they don't fit the traditional "perfect candidate" mould.
How to apply.
To apply for a position, we require applicants to upload an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement that demonstrates how they meet the essential criteria for the role. To ensure fairness and impartiality, our application process is designed to be anonymised. We ask that all applicants remove their name and avoid referencing protected characteristics, such as gender or age, when submitting their CV and supporting statement.
We advertise salary ranges for job roles, with new appointments typically starting at the lowest salary point. However, in exceptional cases where higher skill levels or experience are applicable, the salary point may be adjusted to secure the best candidate. This approach allows for potential year-on-year salary increases, offering progression and appropriate rewards to employees.
Our vision is to create a better connected, more prosperous, fairer, greener, and healthier region. We aim to achieve this vision by living our values, which include being a partnership organisation, valuing and respecting our people, fostering a can-do attitude, and encouraging innovation. WMCA holds diversity accreditations, such as "Leaders in Diversity," and has been recognized as one of the Inclusive Top 50 Employers and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. We are also a Disability Confident Employer, committed to interviewing all applicants with disabilities who meet the essential role criteria. WMCA believes that building a team with varied backgrounds and experiences will benefit us as an employer and enhance our work.
WMCA operates a hybrid way of working, which involves a combination of office-based work and remote work. This approach allows for flexibility and adaptability to meet individual needs and preferences. We understand that not everyone can benefit from this way of working, and so we also promote flexible working options whenever possible to support work-life balance. We gladly consider part-time, flexible, and job share arrangements, so please don't let these factors deter you from applying. If your values align with ours and you are dedicated to working towards a future, we can all be proud of, we would love to hear from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative methods for the online application process, please reach out to our Recruitment Team at email@example.com. We are here to assist and accommodate your needs.
Thank you for considering joining our team at WMCA. We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to work together towards our shared goals.
Delivery Manager (Cluster Leadership) Updated.pdf