Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Permanent Contract (30 hours per week)
Grade 2 (paid at Grade 3 when covering the teacher) Term Time Only Plus 5 TED Days
Required From: January 2024 Subject to clear DBS and health check
Dodford First School are currently looking to recruit a permanent, qualified Teaching Assistant to provide classroom support primarily in our reception class (small class size, maximum 15 children) but will also provide TA support in Year 1 during different times of the week.
We are a friendly, small, village school on the outskirts of Bromsgrove providing education for children aged 4-9 years. We had a full OFSTED inspection in May 2023 and was awarded good in all areas. Dodford First school pupils, staff and governors are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- Has a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification, preferably experience of working in early years and some experience of working with children with SEND.
- Has experience of delivering phonics lessons and interventions, can show initiative and has excellent communication skills.
- You must be able to, when asked, to supervise and lead a class or group of children, delivering planned lessons.
- Happy, motivated and enthusiastic children who love to learn
- Supportive and friendly staff who work as part of a strong team
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Beautiful grounds, situated in the village of Dodford, to take the children’s learning beyond the classroom
‘Pupils very much enjoy their learning…staff know them as individuals in this small community.’ (OFSTED, May 23) Dodford First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to a criminal record check from the disclosure and barring service and appropriate checks. Please see attached documentation for this advert. Application form Job description Person specification
Closing Date – Monday 4th December 2023 at 12 noon,
School viewings by appointment only during week beginning Monday 27th November – please ring the school office on 01527 831569
Interviews will take place – Thursday 14th December 2023