Galley Common Infant School
Plough Hill Road,
Tel: 02476 392219
Head Teacher: Mrs Kay Middleton
Galley Common Infant School is a successful, happy and caring school. We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to support a Special Education Needs child as soon as possible until July 2024, or until the child leaves the school.
The successful applicant will work in close partnership with other staff to pursue continual school improvement and to enrich the lives and learning of the children and families in our community.
Required as soon as possible to July 2024 or until the pupil leaves the school: SEN Teaching Assistant 27.5 hours TA2 – fixed term contract
Candidates will need:
• A relevant Level 2 qualification.
• Have TA2 experience with infant school age children.
• Special Educational Needs experience – working 1:1 or with small groups of children
• Have experience of teaching small and large groups of children.
• Be able to show initiative and independence in organising their duties.
• Demonstrate sensitivity and integrity in caring for their personal needs
• To contribute to weekly planning and assessment discussions
• Demonstrate outstanding communication skills and excellent team work
• Experience in assisting teaching staff in the planning, assessment, review and delivery of the curriculum.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 curriculum
We can offer:
• A friendly, caring and inclusive school with children at the centre of all that we do.
• A dedicated, hardworking and highly professional team of teaching, support
• A safe, pleasant and happy environment for all
• A supportive and committed Governing Body
• Parents who value the school and are interested in their child’s education
• Strong community links
Visits to the school are most welcome after 3:30pm on weekdays. Please contact the office for an appointment.
To apply for this post please download the application form, alternatively an application form and further details are available from the school.
Closing date: 27th November 2023
Interviews will be held: 1st December 2023