Job Title: Adults Support Worker
Location: Exmoor Drive Care Home, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 0TW
Salary: £11.79 – £11.98 per hour + £250 welcome payment*
*Additional Pay Enhancements for working 22:00 to 06:00, Sundays and bank holidays
We provide residential accommodation and support for up to 12 individuals with a range of conditions including learning disability, dementia, mental health, and physical disability. We are looking for support workers to join our team. We want people who can:
- Support individuals with their physical and social care needs. This will include supporting individuals to wash, use the toilet, have meaningful contact with friends and relatives, attend appointments, be as independent as possible in daily aspects of living, maintain hobbies interests and access the community.
- Following care plans and other guidance
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of the care you provide
- Making and responding to observations in people changing care needs – sometimes in emergency situations
- Attend handover, meetings and training and follow instructions
- Promote values in dignity, privacy, independence, respect, opportunity
As you’ll be supporting people with personal care activities, we’ll provide you with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and weekly Covid-19 testing.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Richard Lowther, Registered Manager, at RLowther@worcestershire.gov.uk.
You’ll find an overview of some of the benefits in a document attached to this job advert so do take a look! Some of the other benefits we can offer include:
- Great Holiday Entitlement: As well as bank holidays, you'll get 26 days paid holiday (pro rata for part-time staff). This goes up to 31 days when you have been with us for 5 years. If you get more than 26 days where you work now, don't worry because if you join us without a break, we'll match your holiday up to 31 days. If you’re successful and want to take advantage of this do let us know!
- Brilliant Pension Scheme: The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide, career average pension scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government.
- Professional Learning & Development: This role has the potential to progress to a senior position. We actively encourage learning and development for all our staff should they want to progress further or explore other areas within the organisation.
- Flexible Working: We are proud to offer hybrid working to provide a better work/life balance where possible.
How to Apply
Application forms are invited to apply for this role.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Please submit your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This advert is rolling, which means the manager will consistently review applications as and when they come in and invite to interview. Please note we have the right to close this advert at anytime once all positions have been filled.
Application Closing Date: As and when, currently ongoing