Job Title: Bikeability Cycle Instructor (Casual)
Multiple vacancies available
Salary: £13.04 - £13.52 per hour
Have we got the job you have been looking for?
- Looking for hours to fit round the school run, family life, hobbies or caring responsibilities?
- Looking for flexible working and getting paid to cycle?
- Looking for working with a great team, with great training?
- Looking for a job working outdoors?
Then we have the job for you…
How you'll make a difference
As a Bikeability Instructor you will make a difference by providing road safety awareness skills to children, enabling them to be become better cyclists and better equipped to cycle and travel confidently on local roads.
What will you be doing?
- You will deliver training to children, throughout the year on both school sites and roads.
- You will be expected to promote cycle training and the benefits of cycling to groups and individuals.
- You will be a confident cyclist and happy to work in most weathers (perhaps not snow)!
- You will be playing a part in helping to combat climate change.
What we need from you
- You will be a competent cyclist, used to cycling in all road and traffic conditions and provide your own bicycle and cycle helmet which must be worn at all times.
- You must have good communication skills and able to convey clear instructions to children and other professionals.
- You must be able to work unsupervised.
- You will have good availability during school times and you will ideally have some experience of working with children.
- You must have the ability to deliver courses over 4 consecutive days in school time. Term-time only under a zero hours contract arrangement.
- You will have the ability and willingness to attend a 4-day 1st4Sport Instructor practical course and online coursework, followed by a post-course assessment within a 6-month period to gain accreditation.
- You must be able to offer a minimum commitment of 3 weeks work per school term.
- A DBS will be needed for this post.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. There are 7.6m working age people who have a disability or health condition. We’re tapping into this talent pool. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please contact the Bikeability Team at Bikeability@worcestershire.gov.uk BEFORE applying to confirm that there are vacancies available in your local area.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Applications are invited to apply for this role via CV and cover letter or alternatively you can download the attached application form.
Please submit your CV and cover letter or completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write your cover letter/ application with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Ongoing